Hello Squaddies! Welcome to the newest feature here on the Sussex Squad website called ‘Squad Opportunities’. We are really excited to add this feature and hope you will consider taking advantage of the many opportunities we will post here.
Continuously seeking new opportunities is a very important part of personal development, and a great way to expand your horizons and network. That’s why we are going out of our way to find you some of the most interesting opportunities from across the globe.
Meghan was a beneficiary of a scholarship during her schooling years and has always sought opportunities with people and organizations that align with her goals and values. Being active in seeking opportunities in life is an essential habit of successful people and one we highly encourage you to adopt.
The opportunities listed here include grants, scholarships, competitions, fellowships, free study programs and more. Please check back soon as we will also be posting a FREE e-guide on how to apply for and win opportunities.
In the meantime, have a scan through and have a look for any that catch your eye. You will find further details about each opportunity on their own websites. Please remember to carefully read the submission forms and requirements for each opportunity to ensure you are eligible and SHARE this page with anyone who might benefit from any of these opportunities.
Good luck, and keep checking back as this page will be expanded and updated regularly.
Inclusive Ireland Scholarships 2021
Education in Ireland is proud to partner with Diversity Abroad to announce the creation of the Inclusive Ireland Scholarship Programme. Ireland is committed to providing academically rigorous and culturally immersive study abroad experiences for students from all backgrounds and identities. We believe that diversity among our visiting students only serves to enrich our society and our campuses, and so we are excited to welcome this cohort of scholars in Fall 2021.
In order to be considered for the scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be currently enrolled as an undergraduate student at a college or university in the United States
- Identify as BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour)
- Intend to study abroad at one of the participating colleges or universities in Ireland during the Fall 2021 term (see list on site)
Applications close on April 1st, 2021, at 11:59 PM PST.
Prize: The scholarships will be awarded in the amount of €3000.
Scholarship to go to graduate school in Korea
The Global Korea Graduate Scholarship aims to provide international students with opportunities to conduct advanced studies in graduate programs at higher educational institutions in the Republic of Korea in order to promote international exchanges in education and mutual friendship between countries. Students are invited to apply for Master’s or Ph.D. courses at general graduate schools of Korean universities.
The scholarship covers airfare and tuition fees, and provides assistance towards resettlement costs, living expenses, medical insurance, language courses, and research support. A completion grant of KRW 100 000 (USD 90) is also offered.
Deadline: Varies depending on location
Black Girl Ventures is taking it from #FromHomeCourtToHomeOffice and teaming up with Nike to support the empowerment of Black and Brown women-identifying entrepreneurs. Brands like Nike break barriers every day and push the boundaries of empowerment within their industry. This is the kind of disruption that BGV sets out to make in our work towards financial equity. We are activating impact on a deeper level, together BGV and Nike aim to shift the landscape of entrepreneurship and re-envision the businesswoman as an elite athlete. If you’re a Founder with a business at the intersection of wellness, sports, and tech, apply to compete in the BGV x Nike Pitch Competition!
Volunteer Feminist Writers/Correspondents
Afro Atlantic Post is a transnational intersectional feminist digital publication based in Johannesburg, South Africa. Their niche as a global and transnational platform covers cultures, current affairs and intersectional feminism. They boast a global feminist community with over 50,000 readers from different regions.
The Afro Atlantic Post allows for the underrepresented voices of black women and women of color from a wider array of backgrounds and countries, with or without traditional power, to be heard. Their mission includes writing meaningful global feminist content with originality, creativity and ingenuity.The applicant must be eager to share their perspectives on feminism, culture and current affairs in their community, town, country or region. This role is on a voluntary basis.
- the chance for your writing to been seen by a wide readership on a growing platform.
- Opportunities to develop your feminist work, build your networks and contribute to transforming the continent.
- Become part of our international team and work with a multicultural community.
- Speak and represent Afro Atlantic Post in international events and initiatives;
Enter: Interested participants will need to email their CV, cover letter and sample articles to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Diana Award
The Diana Award is given out in Diana, Princess of Wales’ name to young role models, aged 9-25 from across the world who are selflessly transforming the lives of others. They are looking to recognise young people going above and beyond in their daily lives to create and sustain positive change. Nominations are now open.
- All Diana Award recipients and their nominating organizations will be publicly announced in the Roll of Honour on 1st July, Princess Diana’s birthday, and all of their press releases related to successful nominations for that year.
- Successful UK based nominees will be invited to attend an Award Ceremony near their local area, where their achievement will be celebrated alongside their peers.
- Successful international nominees will be celebrated virtually on the International Ceremony Day which takes place on International #YouthDay on 12th August 2021.
- Both UK based and international recipients of The Diana Award are also eligible for The Legacy Award, which takes place on a biennial basis. The next Legacy Award ceremony will take place in 2021.
DEADLINE: March 12th, 2021