Hello everyone!! Today’s podcast is a very long one and we cursed a lot so we are warning if you don’t like long podcasts or cursing please skip this one!
Don’t forget we are doing a #HappyFathersDayPrinceHarry fundraiser to honor Harry on his first Father’s day. We covered two engagements for Duke of Sussex; 45 visit and visit with Chelsea Pensioners. We also covered the Sussexes attending Trooping. Then we discussed the Economic impact of the Sussexes. Finally, we attempted to tackle different news items of the day
- The attendance of the Duke of Sussex with the Queen at Buckingham Palace for lunch with 45 (disclaimer first)
- Harry’s visit with Chelsea Pensioners
Economic impact of the Sussexes: See References below
General News Items:
- Drama surrounding trump visit
- Dan Wooton
- George Clooney
- Hacked photos
- Meghan’s Mirror
We’re kicking off a #HappyFathersDayPrinceHarry fundraiser to celebrate PrinceHarry first Father’s Day from 8-16 June! We are asking everyone to donate to two charities
Scotty’s Little Soldiers: http://scottyslittlesoldiers.co.uk/get-involved/donate/
The Queen’s Commonwealth Trust: https://mydonate.bt.com/donation/v4/chooseAmount.html?charity=190091&sourcePage=charityPage
Economic impact References :
- British Royals by the Numbers – https://www.fastcompany.com/40571590/british-royals-by-the-numbers-what-they-cost-and-bring-in
- How Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Helped Make London 2019’s “Top Destination” https://www.vogue.com/article/prince-harry-meghan-markle-royal-wedding-tourism-london
- The Royal Wedding and its Impact on Tourism https://blog.euromonitor.com/royal-wedding-impact-tourism/
- “The Meghan Effect” Is Very Real: All of the Clothes Meghan Markle Wore That Sold Out in 2018https://www.eonline.com/ca/news/995727/the-meghan-effect-is-very-real-all-of-the-clothes-that-meghan-markle-wore-that-sold-out-in-2018
- Pandora Sykes speaks to the photographer who captured the image and explains why the Duchess Of Sussex is one of the greatest influencers of our time https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/meghan-markle-pregnant
- This Has Become the U.K.’s Most Popular Tourist Attraction Thanks to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle https://www.travelandleisure.com/travel-news/royal-wedding-tourist-destination
- MEGHAN MARKLE’S IMPACT ON THE WORLD IN 365 DAYS https://www.elle.com/uk/life-and-culture/culture/a25235302/meghan-markles-impact-engagement-anniversary/
- The Meghan Effect https://www.lyst.com/fashion-royalty/meghan-markle 2018
- The Meghan effect: how the Duchess of Sussex can double a brand’s turnover https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/dec/31/the-meghan-effect-duchess-of-sussex-markle-fashion-brand Guardian, Scarlett Conlan, December 2018
- ROYALLY-BELOVED BRANDS CAN’T RELY ON THE ‘MEGHAN MARKLE EFFECT’ FOREVER https://fashionista.com/2019/04/meghan-markle-kate-middleton-fashion-clothing-effect FASHIONISTA, ANDREA CHENG, APRIL 2019
- How the ‘Meghan Markle Effect’ Could Leave a Lasting Imprint on the Wedding Industry Both of the Duchess of Sussex’s gowns could have a huge influence on bridal trends for years to come. https://www.glamour.com/story/meghan-markle-effect-wedding-dress-bridal-industry By Leah Bourne, Glamour, May 2018
Thanks for joining us for this episode the Sussex Squad Podcast. We sincerely hope you guys have enjoyed this episode!
Please don’t forget to send letters to Harry, Meghan, and Archie by using hashtag #welcomeArchie on envelope and in letter!
The Duke & Duchess of Sussex
London SW1A 1BA
Subscribe to our podcast on all podcasting platforms and youtube. Don’t forget to leave us a 5 star rating and review on itunes.