Hello Sussex Squad!
It is just Michelle and Tina today! We chatted about Sussex IG, charity updates, “go back to Africa” article, and what’s next for the podcast
1. Sussexes IG just hit 5 million they posted about earth day Prince Harry took all But one picture!
2. Thank all of our supporters and trolls (Lol). how we are going to do guest hosting moving forward
3. Update on global Sussex Baby shower we are doing welcomebabysussex with a goal of $5000 donated to charity on the day baby Sussex is born
4. “Go back to Africa” article
5. What’s next for podcast Charities supported by shower WellChild is a national charity who’s aim is to help children and young people thrive at home with their families.
@wellchild / http://wellchild.org.uk
The Lunchbox Fund provides a daily meal to orphaned and vulnerable school children in areas of South Africa.
@TheLunchboxFund thelunchboxfund.org/donate/ LittleVillage provides donated clothes and kit to local families experiencing hardship in London.
@LittleVillageHQ / http://littlevillagehq.org
Baby2Baby is a California based charity, providing children living in poverty with clothing, diapers and the basics that every child deserves.
@baby2baby / http://baby2baby.org
The podcast is still fundraising for Emmalyn: https://www.gofundme.com/emmalyn-is-h…
Emmalyn has chiari malformation and severe chronic neutropenia! She has been through 29 brain and spine surgeries since the age of 3 and headed for surgery 30! We have been in NYC for 6 months other than 26 days. She has been fighting infection, surgery to redo her cervical fusion, and next up is to remove her cervical fusion and with healing will be another month long trip on NYC! There isn’t a day this little girl doesn’t go through headaches! Emmalyn has had a long hard fight with Chiari Malformation and its co conditions. She is such a ray of light who fights daily with headaches. Our neurosurgeons are in NYC, so we make many trips there every year. Please if you can’t help please pray for Emmalyn and our family! Thank you in advance!! And one of our Sussex Squad member sister who is in need of a Kidney and donations: http://give.transplants.org/site/TR/N…
Gwendolyn Best is awaiting a new lease on life. In 2011, she was diagnosed with chronic kidney disease. Over the years, her kidney function has declined and her illness has now progressed to stage-5. Gwendolyn is on dialysis, which leaves her tired and takes a toll on her quality of life. Doctors say a kidney transplant is critical. Please donate what you can even if it is just volunteering, items, or retweeting nothing is too small! Don’t forget to send us some topics to cover for the next podcast.